How to Make a Booking
- Click on “Booking Request” or “Book Now” anywhere on our website and you will be taken to a page with a booking request form.
- Provide us as much information as you can when filling out this form. Details you provide will help us to offer you the best price and create the best experience for you.
- After receiving your request, we will confirm availability and answer all your questions usually within 1-2 days.
- Once you are happy with everything and confirm you want to book, we will email you a link to make a payment.
» Booking Request page
Booking By Phone:
Call us at 1-778-898-7780 from US and Canada, and 001-778-898-7780 from elsewhere in the world.
If we are not able to answer or return your call right away then we are out of phone service coverage while guiding. In that case you can use our online booking request method discussed above, or you can leave a message with your full name and phone number and we will call you back.
Making a Payment
To finalize your booking we will email you a link to make the payment(s).
Booking and paying more than 60 days before your trip:
We offer these two options:
- Pay the full amount (100%) right away, or
- Make two 50% payments – first one when we confirm your booking request, and the second one at least 30 days before the trip.
Booking and paying less than 60 days before your trip:
We require a single 100% payment if the booking is made with less than 60 days before your trip dates.
Your Emergency Medical & Travel Insurance + Trip Cancellation Insurance
We are not certified insurance professionals and we are only providing the below information to the extent of our knowledge and understanding.
We highly recommend that you purchase adequate travel & emergency medical insurance as well as trip cancellation & interruption insurance.
Our trips are not extreme but hiking and running in the mountains has its specific dangers that might not be covered by conventional travel & medical, or your credit card insurance.
Emergency Medical Insurance:
Visitors to Canada:
If you have already purchased some type of travel & medical insurance then we strongly recommend you make sure it covers hiking in the mountains and emergency air evacuation/transportation.
Canadian out-of-province visitors:
Despite a national health care system in Canada, not all expenses will be covered by your health insurance outside of your home province. Especially, bills for emergency air evacuation or transportation can be very costly (from backcountry to hospital, or hospital to hospital, etc.).
British Columbian residents:
If you are a BC residents then you might not need additional medical or emergency evacuation insurance. However, consulting with an insurance professional is advised.
Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Insurance:
We recommend all our guests, regardless of country or home province, to purchase trip cancellation and interruption insurance as it covers you in many unforeseen circumstances.
For example, if you break a leg prior to your departure then this insurance will reimburse you for some or all costs of your cancelled trip.
Our Recommended Insurance Provider:
TuGo is our recommended insurance provider as it covers all aspects of our guests activities and needs.
They can be reached at:
1-855-929-8846 (calling from Canada & USA)
001-800-514-9976 or 01-800-681-8070 (calling from Mexico)
604-276-9900 (worldwide on collect call)
– or visit TuGo.com contact page
Need to Reschedule Your Trip?
We will make every effort to find a solution should you absolutely need to reschedule your booked trip (let us know 30 or more days prior to your trip), however, we would like to explain why this is often difficult in a guiding industry:
- Once you confirm your booking for specific dates then we reserve that time period for you and we do not offer it to other potential guests. It is difficult to resell that time period later one.
- When other people already book dates for their trips they fill up our calendar, leaving little room for rescheduling.
Our suggestion is to let us know as soon as possible, then to find a replacement person, or change to a different trip.
If you reschedule or transfer to another trip 30 or more days prior to the trip start date, there will be a $50 CAD processing fee. If it’s less than 30 days prior to the trip start date, regular cancellation and refund policies will apply.
Cancellations and Refunds, Transfers and Participant Replacement
If you need to cancel:
Let us know if you are thinking about canceling your trip for any reason as we can help you choose a different date or a whole new trip.
Cancellation notice have to be send to us in writing via email (we will reply upon receipt), however, feel free to call us ahead of time.
We will refund these amounts for 1 day trips when cancelled:
- 15 or more days prior to your trip: full amount you paid so far excluding $50 plus 10% of total booking price.
- 5 to 14 days prior to your trip: full amount you paid so far excluding $50 plus 30% of total booking price.
- 0 to 4 days prior to your trip: full amount you paid so far excluding $50 plus 50% of total booking price.
We will refund these amounts for multi-day trips (2 or more days) when cancelled:
- 30 or more days prior to your trip: full amount you paid so far excluding $50 plus 10% of total booking price.
- 15 to 29 days prior to your trip: full amount you paid so far excluding $50 plus 30% of total booking price.
- 0 to 14 days prior to your trip: full amount you paid so far excluding $50 plus 50% of total booking prices.
Trip Cancellation Insurance:
We recommend all our guests purchase trip cancellation insurance can reimburse you for cancelled trips outside of your control. For more information see this section on this page.
Transfer Policy & Participant Replacement:
A good way of not having to cancel your trip (or someone’s participation in your group) is to find a suitable replacement*. If you are able to do so at least 10 days prior to your trip then we will refund you full amount you paid so far, excluding $50 re-booking fee; otherwise, regular cancellation and refund policies will apply.
* By suitable replacement we mean someone that is at least as fit as you and has enough experience to complete your chosen trip. We are happy to discuss this with you.
Should we need to change or cancel your trip:
Occasionally, mountain and weather conditions are unpredictable so we reserve the right to make changes to your trip itinerary route and arrangements. When a trip/route/trail you booked is too dangerous we will choose a different trip/hike with similar highlights and characteristics. If possible, after a discussion with you, we can also reschedule your trip to a different date.
We will make every effort to make your day the best possible given current the conditions.
Should we not be able to deliver your trip on the planned dates we will notify you right away and will propose alternate dates or trip.
If we cannot accommodate your needs and cannot find a suitable arrangement then we will refund you 100% of the amount you paid so far.