Trip Highlights & Description
Only a short drive from Whistler starts a steep trail that leads to beautiful but rugged alpine terrain with large Wedgemount Lake being the centre of attention.
If you are fit and can appreciate hikes where you need to work hard for the prize then this would be an ideal adventure for you. The trail climbs quite steeply up an old growth forest and gains over 1200 m (3900 ft) before we pop out into a scenic alpine area (3-3.5h of hiking). But once there, there are a couple of options to explore
Once up there, we will have some options for exploration with the highlight being a visit to an ice cave and touching a real glacier that is many thousand years old.
This is an approximate itinerary and might be adjusted based on your needs, mountain conditions and weather forecast.
- 8.00am: We meet in Whistler (or elsewhere)
- 8.45am: Our groups starts hiking
- 12-1.00pm: We are high in the valley
- 4-5.30pm: Tired but with photos to share, we return to the car
- 6pm: We can either drop you off or join you for dinner and beer
Packing List: What to Bring?
If you need to buy some of the required gear let us know and we will help you choose. Alternatively, we might be able to lend you some of it.
– Hiking or at least light hiking boots
– Small backpack that can carry all your items
– Waterproof rain jacket and pants
– Hiking pants (or shorts on warm days)
– Merino wool or synthetic sports t-shirt
– Spare dry shirt
– Warmer top layer (light fleece or insulation jacket)
– Hiking socks
– Water (1.5-3 liter bottle or bladder)
– Snacks (sandwiches, fruit, nuts, sport bars)
– Sun hat or cap
– Personal medications (if needed)
– Soft-shell jacket (lightweight breathable jacket)
– Knee braces (if needed)
– Phone / Camera
– Other personal items (but keep your pack light)
Not Included in the Price
This trip’s price does not included:
– Transportation for people not riding in our car (we can drive 4)
– Food & beverages on one day trips
– 5% Goods and Services Tax (GST)
– Your personal insurance
Emergency Insurance, Cancellations, Refunds…
Please visit this page for more details on what kind of emergency medical insurance we recommend you have for your trip and all other important information.