Trip Highlights & Description
Our day will begin with some off-road driving along the Squamish River and then up a winding road to access the hiking trail.
Once on foot, we will hike the bottom of a small alpine valley on a loosely defined trail, with small creek crossings along the way. An alpine lake with a small island in the middle will be our first reward of the day. Here we can stop for a small snack and discuss our options for the rest of the day. Either way, you will get to see or visit at least three-to-four pristine alpine lakes.
The terrain in this neat alpine area offers flexibility to hike out-and-back, do a loop hike, or hike high up on a mountain to look to the other side.
This is an approximate itinerary and might be adjusted based on your needs, mountain conditions and weather forecast.
- 8.00am: We meet in Whistler (or elsewhere) and start our drive
- 9.00-9.30am: Our groups starts hiking
- 3.00-4.30pm: We are back at the car
- 5.30-6.00pm: We can either drop you off or join you for dinner
Packing List: What to Bring?
If you need to buy some of the required gear let us know and we will help you choose. Alternatively, we might be able to lend you some of it.
– Hiking boots
– Small backpack that can carry all your items
– Waterproof rain jacket and pants
– Hiking pants (and shorts on warm days)
– Merino wool or synthetic sports t-shirt
– Spare dry shirt
– Warmer top layer (light fleece or insulation jacket)
– Two pairs of hiking socks
– Water (1.5-3 liter bottle or bladder)
– Snacks (sandwiches, fruit, nuts, sport bars)
– Sun hat or cap
– Personal medications (if needed)
– Soft-shell jacket (lightweight breathable jacket)
– Warm hat and light gloves
– Knee braces (if needed)
– Phone / Camera
– Other personal items (but keep your pack light)
Not Included in the Price
This trip’s price does not included:
– Transportation for people not riding in our car (we can drive 4)
– Food & beverages on one day trips
– 5% Goods and Services Tax (GST)
– Your personal insurance
Emergency Insurance, Cancellations, Refunds…
Please visit this page for more details on what kind of emergency medical insurance we recommend you have for your trip and all other important information.