Trip Highlights & Description
This hike is not as demanding as our other trip into this valley (Alpine Cinema: Get the Best Seat…) yet it still visits one of our favourite lakes.
Our trip will begin with about one hour drive from Whistler that will already provide great mountain views and passes by farms in Pemberton area – the food growing capital for the Sea-to-Sky corridor. We will finish with a short off-road 4×4 drive just before we park.
We will start hiking on rolling trails through a beautiful old growth forest. After about 45min we make a turn up and take on a reasonably challenging climb that will bring us to the magnificent Rohr Lake. Once there, we will spend some time exploring its shoreline and taking photos. The brave ones in the group can even jump into its cold refreshing water.
After taking in the scenery and enjoying our hard earned lunch, we will wave good bye to the lake and start our descent back into the valley.
This is an approximate itinerary and might be adjusted based on your needs, mountain conditions and weather forecast.
- 8.30am: We meet in Whistler (or elsewhere)
- 10.00am: Our groups starts hiking
- 12-12.30am: Rohr Lake at last!
- 3-4.00pm: After a great day we return to the car
- 5-5.30pm: We can stop for dinner along the way or drive straight to Whistler
Packing List: What to Bring?
If you need to buy some of the required gear let us know and we will help you choose. Alternatively, we might be able to lend you some of it.
– Light hiking boots
– Small backpack that can carry all your items
– Waterproof rain jacket and pants
– Hiking pants (or shorts on warm days)
– Merino wool or synthetic sports t-shirt
– Warmer top layer (light fleece or insulation jacket)
– Water (1.5-2 liter bottle or bladder)
– Snacks (sandwiches, fruit, nuts, sport bars)
– Sun hat or cap
– Personal medications (if needed)
– Soft-shell jacket (lightweight breathable jacket)
– Spare dry shirt
– Knee braces (if needed)
– Phone / Camera
– Other personal items (but keep your pack light)
Not Included in the Price
This trip’s price does not included:
– Transportation for people not riding in our car (we can drive 4)
– Food & beverages on one day trips
– 5% Goods and Services Tax (GST)
– Your personal insurance
Emergency Insurance, Cancellations, Refunds…
Please visit this page for more details on what kind of emergency medical insurance we recommend you have for your trip and all other important information.