Trip Highlights & Description
If you enjoy hiking on rolling and gently climbing trails rather than going up steeper ones in this valley then this hike would be for you.
The one hour drive from Whistler will go by fast as it offers plenty mountain views and passes by food growing farms in Pemberton area. We will finish our ride with a short off-road drive.
Our hike will mostly follow rolling trails through a beautiful old growth forest with occasional small creek crossings before we emerge from trees and the valley opens up. A beautiful pristine lake surrounded by alpine meadows won’t be far away at this point.
Once we reach Marriott Basin, it will be good time to find our lunch spot and discuss how far and in what direction we would like to explore. Also, this is where you will take your best photos of the day… unless of course, you plan on falling into a creek 🙂
The hike down will retrace our way up and by late afternoon we should be back to the car.
This is an approximate itinerary and might be adjusted based on your needs, mountain conditions and weather forecast.
- 8.30am: We meet in Whistler (or elsewhere)
- 10.00am: Our groups starts hiking
- 12.30-1.30pm: Lunch and exploring at Marriott Basin
- 4-5.30pm: After a great day we return to the car
- 6-6.30.00pm: We can stop for dinner along the way or drive straight to Whistler
Packing List: What to Bring?
If you need to buy some of the required gear let us know and we will help you choose. Alternatively, we might be able to lend you some of it.
– Hiking boots
– Small backpack that can carry all your items
– Waterproof rain jacket and pants
– Hiking pants (and shorts on warm days)
– Merino wool or synthetic sports t-shirt
– Spare dry shirt
– Warmer top layer (light fleece or insulation jacket)
– Warm hat and light gloves
– Two pairs of hiking socks
– Water (1.5-3 liter bottle or bladder)
– Snacks (sandwiches, fruit, nuts, sport bars)
– Sun hat or cap
– Personal medications (if needed)
– Soft-shell jacket (lightweight breathable jacket)
– Knee braces (if needed)
– Phone / Camera
– Other personal items (but keep your pack light)
Not Included in the Price
This trip’s price does not included:
– Transportation for people not riding in our car (we can drive 4)
– Food & beverages on one day trips
– 5% Goods and Services Tax (GST)
– Your personal insurance
Emergency Insurance, Cancellations, Refunds…
Please visit this page for more details on what kind of emergency medical insurance we recommend you have for your trip and all other important information.