Trip Highlights & Description
This is a fairly easy hike that even novice hikers with average fitness should be able to complete. It’s about 10km (6 miles) round trip with an elevation gain of less than 400m (1300ft or the height of Empire State Building)
Once we park and get ready to go, it will takes us only 5min to the first lake. We will walk around it on its right side and slowly start climbing up. The second gorgeous lake will appear right in front of us in about 1-1.5h of hiking. At this point the views will open up towards big mountains and glaciers high above us. This is usually a good place to eat a small snack and take some pictures.
The third and the highest lake is not too far beyond the second, only about 15-20min. Grand scenery really opens up there. The turquoise colour of the alpine glacial lake, the rugged Matier Glacier hanging high above and occasional cute chipmunks make this hike so special.
After lunch, more pictures and taking in the whole experience we will head back down the same trail to the car, stopping for more views along the way.
This is an approximate itinerary and might be adjusted based on your needs, mountain conditions and weather forecast.
- 8.30am: We meet in Whistler (or elsewhere)
- 10.00am: Our groups starts hiking
- 12-12.30am: We reach the highest lake
- 3-4.00pm: After a beautiful day we return to the car
- 5-5.30pm: We stop for dinner along the way or drive straight to Whistler
Packing List: What to Bring?
If you need to buy some of the required gear let us know and we will help you choose. Alternatively, we might be able to lend you some of it.
– Light hiking boots
– Small backpack that can carry all your items
– Waterproof rain jacket and pants
– Hiking pants (or shorts on warm days)
– Merino wool or synthetic sports t-shirt
– Warmer top layer (light fleece or insulation jacket)
– Water (1.5-2 liter bottle or bladder)
– Snacks (sandwiches, fruit, nuts, sport bars)
– Sun hat or cap
– Personal medications (if needed)
– Soft-shell jacket (lightweight breathable jacket)
– Spare dry shirt
– Knee braces (if needed)
– Phone / Camera
– Other personal items (but keep your pack light)
Not Included in the Price
This trip’s price does not included:
– Transportation for people not riding in our car (we can drive 4)
– Food & beverages on one day trips
– 5% Goods and Services Tax (GST)
– Your personal insurance
Emergency Insurance, Cancellations, Refunds…
Please visit this page for more details on what kind of emergency medical insurance we recommend you have for your trip and all other important information.