Trip Highlights & Description
Garibaldi Lake is one of the most scenic destinations in Canada. It is situated in a deep sub-alpine basin surrounded by mountains and glaciers. Its depth has been measured at 258 m (849 ft).
Lake’s popularity attracts lots of visitors on weekends and holidays during summer months, thus, we suggest to hike there during week days for the best experience.
Our trip will begin with a short drive from Whistler. Alternatively, if you are coming from Vancouver, we will meet you at a predetermined place.
The hiking trail to Garibaldi Lake is easy to walk on, although, it takes about 2.5-3h of gradual climbing to reach our destination. The good news is that there are two other lakes and one waterfall to see along the way.
Once there, we will enjoy our lunch with natural beauty all around us. But be ready that the many photo opportunities won’t keep you eating for long 🙂
Depending on timing and how everyone feels, we can either introduce a detour to our hike to view the majestic Black Tusk from vast alpine meadows, or simply hike down our ascent route to the car.
This is an approximate itinerary and might be adjusted based on your needs, mountain conditions and weather forecast.
- 8.30am: We meet in Whistler (or elsewhere)
- 9.15am: Our groups starts hiking
- 12-1.00pm: Lunch at Garibaldi Lake
- 4-5.00pm: After a beautiful, we return to the car
- 5-5.30pm: We can either drop you off or join you for dinner
Packing List: What to Bring?
If you need to buy some of the required gear let us know and we will help you choose. Alternatively, we might be able to lend you some of it.
– Light hiking boots or good running shoes
– Small backpack that can carry all your items
– Waterproof rain jacket and pants
– Hiking pants (or shorts on warm days)
– Merino wool or synthetic sports t-shirt
– Warmer top layer (light fleece or insulation jacket)
– Hiking socks
– Water (1.5-3 liter bottle or bladder)
– Snacks (sandwiches, fruit, nuts, sport bars)
– Sun hat or cap
– Personal medications (if needed)
– Soft-shell jacket (lightweight breathable jacket)
– Spare dry shirt
– Knee braces (if needed)
– Phone / Camera
– Other personal items (but keep your pack light)
Not Included in the Price
This trip’s price does not included:
– Transportation for people not riding in our car (we can drive 4)
– Food & beverages on one day trips
– 5% Goods and Services Tax (GST)
– Your personal insurance
Emergency Insurance, Cancellations, Refunds…
Please visit this page for more details on what kind of emergency medical insurance we recommend you have for your trip and all other important information.