Trip Highlights & Description
» For shorter and easier trip to this area see Half Day Hiking Trip to Alpine Meadows
This adventure starts with an exciting off-road 4×4 drive to reach a trail higher on the mountain so we can spend more time in the alpine.
From the parking spot it will take us only about 30-40min of hiking to arrive at wide alpine meadows that change colours with seasons. We will stop to take photos while strolling through the meadows and before we start steadily climbing. Once reaching an alpine ridge high above the meadows (about 2-3h from the car), our efforts will be rewarded with spectacular views of deep valley and sharp speaks in all directions. This will be a good time to stop for a snack.
After that, we will spend the rest of our hiking on the wide alpine ridge leading to the summit of Brandywine Mountain (2,213 m or 7,260 ft). The views from the top are truly breathtaking and dramatic, with massive glaciers and icefields within “hands reach” on the other side.
After a summit lunch, we will retrace our route back down the mountain and through the meadows with stops for more picture-taking opportunities.
The beauty of this hike length can be adjusted without loosing much of the scenery.
This is an approximate itinerary and might be adjusted based on your needs, mountain conditions and weather forecast.
- 8.00am: We meet in Whistler (or elsewhere)
- 8.30am: Off-road driving begins
- 9.00am: Our groups starts hiking
- 3.30-5.00pm: Tired but happy, we return to the car
- 5-6.00pm: We can either drop you off or join you for dinner and beer
Packing List: What to Bring?
If you need to buy some of the required gear let us know and we will help you choose. Alternatively, we might be able to lend you some of it.
– Hiking boots
– Small backpack that can carry all your items
– Waterproof rain jacket and pants
– Hiking pants (and shorts on warm days)
– Merino wool or synthetic sports t-shirt
– Spare dry shirt
– Warmer top layer (light fleece or insulation jacket)
– Warm hat and light gloves
– Two pairs of hiking socks
– Water (1.5-3 liter bottle or bladder)
– Snacks (sandwiches, fruit, nuts, sport bars)
– Sun hat or cap
– Personal medications (if needed)
– Soft-shell jacket (lightweight breathable jacket)
– Knee braces (if needed)
– Phone / Camera
– Other personal items (but keep your pack light)
Not Included in the Price
This trip’s price does not included:
– Transportation for people not riding in our car (we can drive 4)
– Food & beverages on one day trips
– 5% Goods and Services Tax (GST)
– Your personal insurance
Emergency Insurance, Cancellations, Refunds…
Please visit this page for more details on what kind of emergency medical insurance we recommend you have for your trip and all other important information.